About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision to “inspire the world to experience the best address on earth”. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Leader Destinations works in partnership with the relevant Director Partnerships and TEQ business units to collaborate with regional stakeholders on the implementation of TEQ’s strategic direction which is geared towards achieving economic and social benefits for the State. The role implements projects and initiatives that deliver on TEQ’s objectives in the areas of sales and marketing, events and experience development.
- Proactively lead the relevant Tourism Network Funding agreement process to ensure all activity is delivered within budget set timeframes and monitor and report on KPIs.
- Provide specialist product knowledge to influence internal and external marketing and experience development outputs in context of TEQ’s key experience pillars frameworks.
- Project manage, coordinate and contribute to projects including but not limited to destination and experience development, events (E-12 and QDEP) and Queensland marketing campaigns, using acknowledged project management disciplines
- Manage and develop staff performance and morale through coaching, training, providing guidance and reviewing performance.
- Assist the Director to implement the annual business planning process including preparing business plans and reports
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated success in a tourism marketing, sales and/or development role.
- Highly developed project management and budget management skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Proven leadership skills to inspire enthusiasm and engagement from team members and stakeholders.
- Highly developed report writing and presentation skills.
This dynamic team works across all Queensland destinations to enhance the experience for all visitors and to create a successful tourism business system that includes stakeholders across domestic (supply) and international (demand) distribution channels.
The Leader Destinations role provides the opportunity to
- Utilise and build relationships with domestic and international industry stakeholders
- Build your knowledge of Queensland’s destinations and events within the tourism industry
- Enhance your project management skills and work on cross organisational projects
- Provide leadership to the Destination Specialist to develop their capability
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 26 March 2017.