Senior Corporate Communications Advisor
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision to “inspire the world to experience the best address on earth”. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Senior Corporate Communications Advisor is a key role within the Corporate Affairs team and assists the Director Media and Communications to deliver timely, accurate and well-written content reflecting the functions and activities of TEQ. The role is responsible for internal and external communications as well as proactive media management, engagement across TEQ’s domestic and international offices and stakeholder communications.
- Act as a respected advisor to key stakeholders and provide expert advice and guidance on communications strategies and issues.
- Author and edit high-level content reflecting TEQ’s operations and strategic direction including, media releases, speeches, briefing notes, reports and correspondence.
- Build strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Issues management including monitoring, reporting and preparation of appropriate material.
- Work across the corporate website and social media channels and support media monitoring activities.
- Provide on-the-ground support at a range of TEQ-supported events and also support the Ministerial and Government Relations team as required.
Skills and experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the field of media or communications, government, or the equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to analyse issues, develop and implement solutions to address these issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- High-level knowledge of government and industry priorities.
The Corporate Affairs Group is a small, agile and responsive team focused on raising awareness of TEQ activities and Queensland’s tourism industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Director Media and Communications and at times will be required to provide a leadership role when their manager is on leave;
- Have an agile and responsive approach to working after hours, on weekends and travel as required;
- Provide on-the-ground support at a range of TEQ-supported events.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 30 April 2017.