Plans and Strategies
Sunshine Coast Destination Tourism Plan
- guiding Tourism and Events Queensland’s, Visit Sunshine Coast and other stakeholders' individual planning and programs; and
- fostering the efficient, effective and coordinated use of resources to grow sustainable tourism development in Sunshine Coast to 2020.
Sunshine Coast Tourism Opportunity Plan
The Tourism Opportunity Plan for the Sunshine Coast has been developed to identify provide a strong direction for the continued sustainable development of tourism on the Sunshine Coast.
The plan aims to:
- Identify infrastructure upgrades to support tourism growth
- Identify the need for new investment in tourism product development
- Provide relevant research based information on tourism supply and demand (including forecast modelling until 2017)
- Provide a mechanism for engagement with infrastructure providers and potential investors about the needs of the tourism industry
The Tourism Opportunity Plan was developed with consultation with members of the local tourism industry, local and state government, developers and investors.
Key projects that have been identified include a Convention, Exhibition and Performing Arts Centre, Hinterland Eco Lodge and Stockland Park Regional Sports Complex. Green Infrastructure projects including a Regional Tracks and Trails network has also been identified.
Sunshine Coast Hinterland Nature Based Tourism Plan
Released in November 2009, the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Nature Based Tourism Plan determines key nature-based assets and experiences both within and outside protected areas. The plan provides an overall approach to the development of nature-based tourism, including infrastructure, visitor experiences and access to natural attractions to make sure visitors can have a great experience while ensuring the natural environment is protected.
The plan advocates the development of four distinct nature-based tourism precincts - Glass House Mountains Family Adventure Precinct; Blackall Range Lifestyle Adventure Precinct; Mary Valley Soft Adventure Precinct and Conondale National Park Nature-based Tourism Precinct.
A copy of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Nature Based Tourism Plan is available for download (nb: 10Mb file) or please contact Tourism and Events Queensland on 3535 3535 for any further information.