How to connect with TEQ in social media
Do you have Queensland content that you want to share with the world? Here’s our "how to" guide to sharing and connecting with TEQ in social media:
- Notify your Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO):
TEQ works closely with Queensland’s 13 RTOs to identify content sources. Your RTO may be able to use your content too.
- Use the #thisisqueensland hashtag on social channels:
TEQ closely monitors the #thisisqueensland hashtag on social media channels. Share individual pieces of content through your own channels and use this hashtag to allow TEQ to quickly and easily share your content.
TEQ’s primary social media channels include:
The Visit Queensland, Australia Facebook page is a visual way of inspiring prospective travellers to take a Queensland holiday by featuring Queensland photography, videos, blog posts, competitions and event information.How we can work together
- Like our Facebook page
- Post your photos directly to our page wall
- Join in any relevant conversations
- Tag our TEQ Facebook page in your Facebook posts
- Send us your epic, shareable content.
Instagram is a mobile photo-sharing app that is perfect for capturing holiday moments. Queensland monitors the #thisisqueensland hashtag for awesome photos to feature. High-quality, emotive content works best.How we can work together
- Follow us on Instagram @queensland
- Tag your Instagram pics with @queensland and always include the hashtag #thisisqueensland and we’ll re-post our favourites
- Re-posted Instagram photos are featured on our consumer website, Facebook page and Twitter
- Share your hashtag with TEQ and we will include it on our posts from your destination where we can
- Also use #seeaustralia to let @Australia know about your photos too, as well as your RTOs’ hashtag.
The real-time nature of Twitter allows us to share Queensland content that is clever, playful, timely and shareable. We also use Twitter for online customer service where we answer travellers' questions.How we can work together
- Follow us on Twitter
- Engage with us in any relevant conversations
- Tag your tweets with @queensland and #thisqueensland and we’ll RT our favourites
- Send us your excellent shareable content, let us know of any upcoming campaigns, events or projects we can support.
As the second most popular search engine, YouTube is a place where we feature entertaining and informative destination videos and curate high-quality content that our partners and influencers create about Queensland.
How we can work togetherSubscribe to the Queensland YouTube channel
- Add your comments to any relevant videos
- Send us your excellent shareable video content.
TEQ sends out regularly scheduled consumer e-newsletters featuring exclusive holiday deals, competitions and the latest news on Queensland’s destinations and events. Content for these newsletters comes from TEQ’s marketing teams, our partners and through dynamic content discovery. You can subscribe here.