Best of Queensland Specialist
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Best Of Queensland (BOQ) Specialist works across TEQ teams to lead and oversee the Best of Queensland Experiences Program. The program is an innovative approach to experience-based marketing and tourism industry development, which allows TEQ to drive continuous growth in the Queensland tourism industry and guide TEQ’s marketing team to promote quality visitor experiences across activity.
The BOQ Specialist manages and oversees the Best of Queensland Experiences program including operator assessments, communications, CRM platform and key partner liaison. The position also plays a vital role in the development of the program’s long-term strategy to continually respond to consumer needs and expectations.
This maternity leave backfill position is temporary full time until 13 November 2020.
- Work cross-functionally across TEQ teams to provide input and advice on embedding and applying the BOQE program within Marketing, Partnerships and Event based plans and activity
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation and implementation of the Best of Queensland Experiences Program including the delivery of the annual assessment
- Oversee the creation and development of all communications to BOQE Operators, Industry and relevant stakeholders
- Manage the budget for BOQE communications, program messaging, PR and stakeholder engagement
- Administer and manage the Best of Queensland Experiences CRM to ensure it is optimised and maintain the integrity of information.
- Continually develop specialist knowledge of customer experience best practices in alignment with consumer needs, experience development and marketing via use of research and trends, and industry and TEQ intelligence
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in tourism, business, marketing, or related discipline
- Well-developed communication, collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to lead and deliver innovative projects and assist to embed the change within an organisation
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following areas: project management, experience marketing, product development and stakeholder relationship management.
About the team
The Strategy, Innovation and Performance Team provides guidance and direction to the marketing group and the wider TEQ organisation. The core areas of focus for the team are:
- Developing and sharing an in-depth understanding of our consumers
- Identifying the most valuable opportunities to drive growth
- Developing value propositions that inform how the organisation leverages opportunities
- Overseeing the implementation of strategies to ensure we measure, track and evaluate performance
- Identifying innovation opportunities to drive value
Strategy, Innovation and Performance is a small, collaborative team of 5 who are highly engaged with the challenging, exciting and meaningful work they undertake.
- Leads strategic projects and workstreams that have meaningful outcomes and long-term impacts on TEQ and the Queensland tourism industry
- Plays a vital role in setting the direction for TEQ’s ongoing transformation to become a consumer centric organisation
- Works cross-functionally, allowing team members to collaborate and be involved in a range of innovative projects across TEQ
- Is exposed to ongoing personal and professional development opportunities to continue to build skills, talent and capabilities
- Involves and empowers all staff within the team by seeking and appreciating contributions across all projects
- Encourages work-life balance and flexibility
- Celebrates successes as a team and appreciates and values team members
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 22 September 2019.