Business Events Specialist
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the state’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Business Events Specialist provides high quality and timely support across a range of activities and processes involved in the assessment, approval, engagement and implementation of events for the TEQ events calendar.
The position implements the TEQ Events Strategy 2025 as it relates to the Business Events Portfolio and ensures the delivery of significant value against TEQ’s mandated event investment objectives and also manages a portfolio of events under the Queensland Destination Events Program (QDEP) and assists in leveraging these investments to drive visitor and economic benefits for the state.
The contract for this position is until 31 July 2020.
- Provide administrative support across the Business Event portfolio including, tracking the status of internal processes, producing and monitoring contract deliverable documents as well as coordinate, attend and minute meetings with stakeholders, and document management support.
- Administer the contract management of business events that have received funding under the Acquisition and Leveraging Fund including contractual negotiations; financial management; monitoring performance and liaising and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Administer the contract management of the Convention Bureau Funding Support including contractual negotiations; financial management; monitoring performance and liaising with the Bureaux.
- Build and maintain effective and efficient relationships with Convention Bureau, local Councils, Regional Tourism Organisations (RTOs), Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure contracted events deliver on the agreed performance targets and generate benefits.
- Manage a portfolio of QDEP event investment contracts and the delivery of contract benefits with event owners to maximise return on investment, minimise risk and ensure the delivery of contractual outcomes.
- Work with the Leader and Director to collaborate with the event portfolios, to identify and manage Event Value Optimisation opportunities within the Business events Portfolio.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Arts, Business, Tourism, Event Management, or related discipline.
- Understanding of and experience in the business events industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively to engage and develop relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed project management skills with the ability to deliver agreed outcomes, manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Understanding of the government’s role in events to the benefit of relevant sectors and the community.
- Ability to recognise and handle confidential and politically or commercially sensitive issues and material.
The Events Group within TEQ is a dynamic team which has an integrated sourcing, servicing and Event Value Optimisation responsibility for Major, Destination and Business Events.
The role provides the opportunity to strengthen your event experience, build strategic stakeholder relationships and broaden your skill set.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 22 September 2019.