Consumer Insights and Research Leader
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Consumer Insights and Research Leader manages the analysis and interpretation of all consumer related data for TEQ and provides market intelligence and consumer insights to all levels of the organisation, government, regional tourism organisations and tourism industry partners.
This position also manages the information dissemination strategy for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure data is made available to a broader audience and is suitably tailored to meet the varying needs of this audience.
This maternity leave back fill position is temporary full time until 22 May 2020.
- Analyse consumer insights and market trends and their implications for the Queensland tourism industry.
- Manage consumer focused research projects and provide market insights and intelligence to all levels of TEQ, government and industry.
- Analyse and interpret data from various data sources, including National Visitor Survey and International Visitor Survey, and primary research projects on consumer studies.
- Manage information dissemination and associated systems and processes.
- Prepare and provide timely reports and presentations, if required, for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with Tourism Research Australia, Tourism Australia, and/or other stakeholders on national tourism research agenda.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications at an undergraduate and/or postgraduate level in the fields of business, tourism, sociology, psychology, or statistics or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in managing consumer focused research projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyse market research data.
- Excellent analysis and data interpretation skills.
- Extensive work experiences in market research companies would be preferred
The Strategic Development and Research team is a dedicated team of professionals charged with leading the development of research programs for the tourism industry.
This role will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to a make a difference by influencing tourism research outcomes in Queensland.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 24 February 2019.