Destination Leader Southern Queensland
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the state’s lead tourism marketing and event agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Destination Leader Southern Queensland works in partnership with the relevant TEQ business units, and collaborates with regional stakeholders, on the implementation of TEQ’s strategic direction which is geared towards achieving economic and social benefits for the state.
The role is integral to TEQ’s relationship with key stakeholders across Southern Queensland and is also a key liaison point for the tourism industry.
This maternity leave backfill position is temporary full time until 8 January 2021.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative stakeholder relationships with Regional Tourism Organisations and tourism industry.
- Manage key projects and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Champion TEQ’s strategic direction and advocate for outcomes that support overnight visitor expenditure and the customer.
- A relied upon source of destination and product knowledge.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated success in a tourism, marketing and/or account management role.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Proven leadership skills to inspire enthusiasm and engagement.
- Good understanding of the whole of state issues relevant to the development and marketing of tourism in Queensland.
- Tertiary qualifications in tourism, business or related discipline.
The Partnerships team within TEQ welcomes collaborative team players who are focused on achieving results, have a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, and who love to travel.
This role offers
- the opportunity to work with tourism industry leaders and key partners
- the opportunity to explore the best tourism experiences across Southern Queensland
- great work-life balance
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 22 September 2019.