About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the state’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Finance Director leads and develops the finance team to provide high quality strategic financial and operational support services and advice to the organisation. The role supports the executives and management to effectively plan for and allocate financial resources to drive organisational outcomes and to discharge TEQ’s accountability requirements to the high standards expected.
- Lead the development, and management of the TEQ budget to ensure alignment with the organisation’s strategic and annual plans, and the delivery of TEQ’s outcomes.
- Provide strategic financial support and advice to the CEO, group executives and the broader TEQ leadership team.
- Provide financial information and advice for ministerial briefing notes, government budget processes, Parliamentary estimates hearing and other government/ departmental reporting requirements.
- Ensure TEQ maintains a robust financial control framework that satisfies high standards of public accountability.
- Oversee the preparation of the end-of-year financial statements for annual reporting purposes.
- Lead and manage the Finance team to provide client focussed financial support services and advice to TEQ teams.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience leading finance and accounting teams in a fast paced environment.
- Experience leading the strategic allocation of resources to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legislation.
- Proven ability to inspire leadership, enthusiasm and commitment from the team.
- High level of strategic and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computerised financial management systems.
- Tertiary degree in a commercial discipline and membership of a recognised professional accounting body.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. To apply for this position, please send your CV and a short letter to TEQ’s retained consultant Chris McWilliam at Dean and Ling, email@example.com