Media and Trade Program Director
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Media and Trade Program Director is responsible for leading and implementing the strategic direction and communicating the activities and experiences that form an ‘Experience Program’. The key objective of the Experience Program is to generate publicity or dialogue aimed at promoting Queensland as a destination of choice with trade and media.
- In conjunction with all internal and external partners lead the strategic direction of the Experience Program to align with the overarching TEQ strategy.
- Build strategic alliances with key stakeholders to deliver the Experience Program strategy
- Work with marketing and internal TEQ teams to align key marketing initiatives, direction and TEQ brand messaging into the Experience Program strategy.
- Manage the reporting of all risk and financial activity associated with participants, products and activities aligned to the Experience Program.
- Lead, mentor and motivate the Experience Program team
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in the Queensland tourism industry, preferably in a strategic planning environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Queensland product and its relationship to the international and domestic marketplace.
- Experience in media and trade tourism programs.
- Proven negotiation and contract execution skills.
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience at a senior level.
- Track record of effective team leadership.
The team is a dynamic and thrives on high levels of people engagement. Success is built on their ability to establish relationships, trust and understanding of partner needs. The work is always changing, totally engaging and never boring. The team is empowered to be the best they can be and to have a great time doing it.
- Central office well positioned to public transport
- A flexible workplace for a greater work life balance
- Industry opportunities to experience first hand tourism product
- Exposure to international markets and key trends growing the tourism industry
- Part of a dynamic company changing the direction of tourism
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 19 July 2019.