Regional Manager United Kingdom
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Regional Manager oversees all marketing and operational activities in the United Kingdom (UK). The role works in partnership with industry and leads a team to achieve the overall objective of growing international visitation to Queensland from the UK market and to deliver on TEQ’s strategic plan.
TEQ works in partnership with Tourism Australia (TA) marketing Queensland in the UK. The successful candidate will be employed by TA, with a dual reporting line to TA and TEQ, and will be working from Australia House in London.
- Develop and implement targeted marketing strategies with trade partners to maximise visitation to Queensland
- Oversee TEQ and industry participation in missions, road shows and trade events for the UK.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media, airlines, and trade partners to maximise focus and commitment to the promotion of Queensland experiences.
- Initiate the development of targeted consumer campaigns with key trade partners to market segments.
- Oversee advertising and promotional activities within the market.
- Partner with Regional Tourism Offices to promote different destinations in Queensland to targeted consumer segments
- Provide leadership and direction to the team.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing, Tourism, or equivalent professional experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated success in an international marketing/sales role.
- Ability to proactively identify and capitalise on opportunities.
- High level of strategic, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Proven ability to inspire leadership, enthusiasm and commitment from the team
- Good understanding of financial management
- Ability to travel extensively.
The role oversees TEQ’s marketing and operational activities in the United Kingdom and provides you with the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the growth of international visitation to Queensland from the UK market
- Utilise existing and build new relationships with key stakeholders in the UK and Queensland
- Travel extensively, and expand your international marketing experience
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.