Western Markets Director
About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the World to Experience the Best Address on Earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Director is responsible for the overall performance and leadership of TEQ’s international offices and representative agencies located in the western hemisphere portfolio and ensuring that TEQ’s strategic priorities are being delivered.
The role works in partnership with Tourism Australia, the Queensland tourism industry, travel trade and strategic partners such as regional tourism organisations and airlines to develop innovative opportunities that will drive inbound growth. The role focuses on building relationships, supporting international air access to Queensland and increasing the awareness of Queensland experiences.
- Identify and drive key strategies through research, insights and market intelligence.
- Assist and support TEQ’s international teams to develop and deliver highly effective consumer and trade marketing initiatives.
- Leverage opportunities in applicable markets to grow visitation and expenditure.
- Disseminate relevant industry intelligence and market insights to respective stakeholders through regular industry briefings and participation on industry advisory panels.
- Monitor major marketing activities undertaken by the various international offices.
- Optimise international promotional opportunities through co-operative activities.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing, tourism, or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated success in international tourism including a strong knowledge of international distribution mechanisms.
- High level of strategic, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Superior knowledge of the Australian and specifically Queensland tourism industry and its relationship to the international environment from an inbound perspective.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Proven ability to inspire leadership, enthusiasm and commitment from the team
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please download the position description. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 23 December 2018.