Southern Great Barrier Reef Dive Experience Discussion Paper
Tourism and Events Queensland, in partnership with the regional tourism organisations of the Southern Great Barrier Reef (SGBR), Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism (BNBT), Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited (GAPDL) and Capricorn Enterprise have identified scuba diving as a hero experience within the greater holiday experience.
The SGBR Dive Experience Discussion Paper reviews the current dive market, best practice examples, provides a dive SGBR situation analysis plus development opportunities for the region.
Capricorn Destination Tourism Plan
The Capricorn Destination Tourism Plan, in articulating the agreed tourism direction for the destination, provides the strategic platform and priority actions for:
- guiding Tourism and Events Queensland, Capricorn Enterprise and other stakeholders' individual planning and programs; and
- fostering the efficient, effective and coordinated use of resources to grow sustainable tourism development in Capricorn to 2020.
Central Queensland Tourism Opportunity Plan
The Central Queensland Tourism Opportunity Plan (TOP) provides direction for the sustainable development of tourism in the Central Queensland region over the next ten years to 2019.
The TOP aims to:
- Identify new and upgraded tourism product that meets future visitor expectations and demands;
- Identify the need for new investment in infrastructure that supports the ongoing development of tourism;
- Provide relevant research based information on tourism supply and demand; and
- Provide an agreed focus and mechanism for engagement with tourism industry, infrastructure providers and private investors.