Tourism and Events Queensland and Stakeholder plans and strategies guiding the development and promotion of Tropical North Queensland.
Tropical North Queensland Destination Tourism Plan
The Tropical North Queensland Destination Tourism Plan, in articulating the agreed tourism direction for the destination, provides the strategic platform and priority actions for:
- guiding Tourism and Events Queensland, Tourism Tropical North Queensland and other stakeholders' individual planning and programs; and
- fostering the efficient, effective and coordinated use of resources to grow sustainable tourism development in Brisbane to 2020.
Tropical North Queensland Tourism Opportunity Plan
The Tropical North Queensland Tourism Opportunity Plan (TOP) provides direction for the sustainable development of tourism in the Tropical North Queensland region over the next ten years to 2020.
The TOP aims to:
- Identify new and upgraded tourism product that meets future visitor expectations and demands;
- Identify the need for new investment in infrastructure that supports the ongoing development of tourism;
- Provide relevant research based information on tourism supply and demand; and
- Provide an agreed focus and mechanism for engagement with tourism industry, infrastructure providers and private investors.