DestinationQ is a partnership between the Queensland Government and the tourism industry.
This partnership facilitates ongoing engagement between industry and government to deliver on key priorities to drive growth and jobs in the state.
The most visible element of the partnership is the annual DestinationQ Forum which brings government and industry leaders together to discuss priorities for ensuring the industry remains competitive.
For more information visit the DestinationQ website at destq.com.au
DestinationQ 2018 ForumThe 2018 DestinationQ Forum was held at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre on 16 November 2018.
The Forum, which was attended by over 670 delegates from across the tourism industry, provided an opportunity to engage with industry leaders and peers and discover new insights and research to help position Queensland tourism for the future.
The Forum included presentations from:
- Claire Madden, Hello Clarity [presentation not available]
- Dan Tobin and Carolyn Karnovsky, UAP [download presentation]
Two Q&A panel sessions were held during the forum, including discussions and insights from:
- Ms Leanne Coddington, CEO, Tourism and Events Queensland
- Mr Damien Walker, Director-General, Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
- Mr Daniel Gschwind, CEO, Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Cr Belinda Murphy, Mayor, McKinlay Shire Council and Chair, Outback Queensland Tourism Association
- Mr Cameron Costello, CEO, Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee Aboriginal Corporation
- Ms Wendy Morris, Owner, Reef Society and Chair, Tourism Tropical North Queensland
Top Issues Panel
- The Honourable Kate Jones MP, Minister for Innovation and Tourism Industry Development and Minister for the Commonwealth Games
- The Honourable Leanne Enoch MP, Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reed, Minister for Science, and Minister for the Arts
- The Honourable Mark Bailey MP, Minister for Transport and Main Roads
- Mr Brett Godfrey, Chair, Tourism and Events Queensland
- Mr Shane O’Reilly, Chair, Queensland Tourism Industry Council
2018 Tourism Masterclasses
The Tourism Masterclasses held on 15 November 2018 on the Gold Coast provided an opportunity to have in-depth discussions and engage with experts from across the tourism industry. Four Tourism Masterclasses were held on the following topics:
1. Customer Centricity: The importance of delivering exceptional experiences to your visitors
- Riccardo Pastò, Forrester [download presentation]
2. Facilitating Payments from Chinese Visitors
- Andy Jiang [download presentation]
- Chloe Nguyen & Lavender Shu, Brisbane Airport Corporation [download presentation]
- James Cowlishaw, ePay Australia [download presentation]
3. Attracting Investment to Your Region
- Siobhan Ahearn, DITID [presentation not available]
- Melanie Anderson, DITID [download presentation]
- Ben Wilson, Deloitte [presentation not available]
- Jim Costello, The Big Pineapple Renewal [download presentation]
4. Applying Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality to Planning, Marketing and Enhancing Your Tourism Experience
- Gavin Crombie, Digital Frontier [download presentation]
- Ryan Yung and Assoc Professor Alexandra Coghlan, Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management, Griffith University [download presentations]
- David Kwong, and Mr Michael Gardiner, Aurecon [download presentation]
- Lex Van Cooten, Immerse Enterprise [download presentation]
- Geoff Pike, Equipped to Discover [download presentation]