Post COVID-19 Tourism Recovery Campaign in Partnership with UnionPay
Domestic Chinese Residents Market
With Queensland reopening to interstate travellers, Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is partnering with UnionPay and Bank of China Australia (BOC) to encourage Chinese residents living in Australia to take holidays in the Queensland.
Bank of China Australia
Bank of China Australia (BOC) is one of the world's largest commercial banks and it has a significant retail operation servicing 450,000 Chinese customers living in Australia. BOC has retail branches in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Queensland-based Chinese resident communities for intrastate travel
- Chinese residents living in other parts of Australia (except Victoria)
During the campaign period, each BOC UnionPay cardholder will be eligible for a cashback offer on expenditure in Queensland with registered tourism attractions, accommodation providers, retail shops, restaurants and bars, etc. The offer is a:
- cash rebate of $20 for cumulative expenditure of $500 and more,
- cash rebate of $50 for cumulative expenditure of $1,000 and more on a single BOC UnionPay card.
The cashback component of this campaign will be fully funded by UnionPay and Bank of China.
How do I get involved?
If you have additional questions about this campaign, please contact:
- Amber Miller-Greenman, International Markets Leader, Tourism and Events Queensland (E: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Candy Chen, Marketing Manager, UnionPay International (E: email@example.com)
- Sammy Siu, Business Development Manager for Queensland, UnionPay International (E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you would like to participate in this campaign please kindly fill the information below. The information will be used by Bank of China and UnionPay to communicate campaign information to its eligible customers.