COVID-19 updates for businesses
LATEST UPDATES - current 19 January 2022
We check in on this page daily, and make updates whenever there's a change or new info to link you to.
- There are no restrictions on domestic visitors from all around Australia entering Queensland. All Queensland border restrictions were removed from 1:00am AEST Saturday, 15 January 2022. All interstate travellers and returning Queensland residents can cross the border without an entry declaration or border pass, no need to complete any COVID-19 test and no need to provide proof of vaccination status.
- From 1:00am AEST Saturday, 22 January 2022 there will be no restriction on fully vaccinated international visitors arriving into Queensland. There will be no requirement to complete quarantine. A COVID-19 test must be taken within 24 hours of arriving into Queensland (a Rapid Antigen Test is acceptable).
- International travellers who intend to visit Queensland must first meet the Australian Government's requirements to enter Australia. Currently Australia's border is open to some fully vaccinated international travellers:
Business and community restrictions:
From 17 December restrictions were eased for most business types, with most now able to operate at full capacity for fully vaccinated patrons. Extensive information and resources are available from the Queensland Government:
- COVID Safe Businesses - information on eased restrictions, penalties, reporting breaches, collecting contact information and checking vaccination status
- COVID Safe Events
- Managing COVID-19 in a workplace
- Find FAQs - on a large range of topics
- Tourism Australia's 'It's our best shot for travel' campaign encourages people to get vaccinated so that travel and events can resume. It has been designed specifically for the tourism and events industry to spread the vaccination message. More information and the toolkit is available here.
- Queensland Health has a range of videos you can share including a full playlist of 'For the love of' videos - with regional and tourism cuts - available to share from their YouTube channel.
- If you need help understanding what the Public Health Directions mean for your business, you can contact the Tourism Response Team - ph. 134 268 or via email: email@example.com
- The Australian and Queensland Government has developed a range of resources to support the emotional wellbeing of small business owners and their staff, including a small business owner's guide to creating a mental health and wellbeing plan. Access the resources and support here.
- A summary of the financial support available for businesses can be found here, linking you out to the relevant information and websites.
- Feeling overwhelmed? It's ok to ask for help. Here is a list of 24/7 support available:
- Beyond Blue 1800 512 348
- Headspace 1800 650 890
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467