COVID-19 updates for businesses
The Queensland Government has a roadmap in place for the easing of restrictions across the state.
LATEST UPDATE: 24 September
The Border Restrictions Direction will be updated over the next week to allow for changes to Queensland's border conditions - opening up to the ACT and parts of Northern NSW. Queensland Health has now made a summary of the upcoming changes, and links to the upcoming new directions live. What will change from 25 September 2020 and what will change from 1 October 2020.
More information on crossing the border is available on our dedicated page outlining all current travel advice.
LATEST UPDATE: 23 September 2020
New global 'Safe Travels' stamp available to help tourism businesses assure travellers they have COVID Safe practices in place: ATEC has aligned with the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) to become Australia's lead agency in issuing the globally recognised 'Safe Travels' stamp. Read more on how to access this stamp, and other opportunities to assure your guests you are offering a safe experience.
LATEST UPDATE: 22 September 2020
- From 1am, Friday 25 September, Queensland's borders will open to the ACT. Travellers from the ACT will be required to arrive by air, and must declare that they have not been in a hotspot (ie. in NSW or Victoria) in the 14 days prior to arrival in Queensland. Information on the change to the Border Restrictions Direction is now available here.
- From 1am, Thursday 1 October 2020, the Queensland-NSW border zone will expand, and residents in the NSW border zone will be able to travel throughout Queensland for any purpose, without needing to quarantine. Queenslanders will also be able to travel to the NSW border zone areas and return without quarantining. Border passes will still be required. Read the announcement.
- More information on crossing the border is available on our dedicated page outlining all current travel advice.
LATEST UPDATE: 10 September 2020
ATDW fee waiver: In response to the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis facing the state's tourism and events industry, Tourism and Events Queensland, in partnership with Queensland's regional tourism organisations, is offering ATDW membership with no annual fee for the next 24 months, providing a saving of $150 per year. This offer is available to all tourism and events operators in Queensland. Operators looking to take up this offer should visit www.atdw-online.com.au and click 'Register Now' in the top right corner to create an ATDW listing. For existing ATDW members, there is no action to take.
Small and medium sized businesses across Queensland will have access to an additional $249 million from existing Queensland Government funding in COVID-19 related tax relief to assist with the impacts of COVID-19. More information here and you can access the Queensland Government Business Assistance Finder tool for guidance on what support is available to you and your business.
LATEST UPDATE: 9 September 2020
For event organisers: The Queensland Government has updated its comprehensive FAQ document addressing a wide range of issues surrounding the staging of COVID Safe events. Questions 7 – 10 in the document cover private gatherings, catering for events, weddings and private properties that operate as commercial businesses and these responses have been updated to reflect the current restrictions and their impact on these event scenarios. See our information on staging COVID Safe events.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON OUR COVID-19 PAGES:
- Current restrictions: Find out what restrictions are currently in place and which businesses are able to operate
- Operating your business safely: All you need to know about COVID Safe Plans, COVID Safety resources including signage, and tips on how to promote your COVID credentials to customers
- COVID Safe Events: All you need to know about the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events
- Other help and advice for businesses: Links through to helpful business resources and how to contact government services
- Support packages for businesses: A summary of the support available for businesses, including grant funding
- TEQ updates during COVID-19: Updates on TEQ's marketing, TEQ's Industry Update series of videos, global market and aviation updates
- COVID-19 research newsfeed: Updated weekly, this interactive dashboard provides a summary and link through to national and international research on consumer behaviour, economic impacts, impacts to events and marketing and media.
These webpages are reviewed daily, with the date updated at the top of each page when information is updated.
Where to find other information:TEQ's Good to Go campaign: Here's where to find all the information on TEQ's Good to Go campaign, including how you can access the Good to Go stamp for your marketing and how you can leverage TEQ's media buy for the campaign.