COVID-19 updates for businesses
The COVID-19 novel coronavirus is a new strain of coronavirus affecting humans and the World Health Organization has declared that COVID-19 is a pandemic. The information on these pages is being regularly updated to provide Queensland's tourism industry with links to official updates and resources.
What's new? Recent updates on these pages include:
- All information and links have been updated and checked as at today, 27 May 2020.
- NEW 27 May: COVID-19 research newsfeed now available to assist in keeping up to date with national and global trends, impacts and insights relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interactive dashboard is updated weekly with new research.
- NEW 26 May: Information and resources on COVID Safe Plans.
- NEW 25 May: Update on the Small Business Adaptation Grant Program. See Support Packages for Business page.
- NEW 21 May: A dedicated page has been set up following the Tourism and Events Industry Update held on 15 May 2020. This page will be continually updated as responses to the hundreds of questions submitted pre and during the event are available. See button below.
Offers of assistance: if your business would like to provide goods or services (for example, accommodation for health purposes, transportation or technology) with a view to helping respond to COVID-19, please contact your Destination Team at TEQ who will ensure the offer is provided to the relevant government agency.
Questions: if, after checking FAQ documents linked from various pages and reviewing the Industry Update page, you still have questions specific to your business operation, a request for an exemption or are seeking interpretation of the Queensland Health Directions, you can log these via Queensland Health's website or contact your TEQ Destination team for support.