COVID-19 updates for businesses
The Queensland Government has a roadmap in place for the easing of restrictions across the state.
LATEST UPDATES - 2 August 2021
South East Queensland lockdown:
A lockdown is currently in place for South East Queensland until 4:00pm AEST Sunday 8 August 2021. This includes the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley and Somerset. It should be noted there are stricter conditions than in previous lockdowns, including a 10km limit for essential shopping and exercise.
In relation to travel:
- The lockdown also applies to any person who has been in the 11 LGAs listed above since 1:00am Saturday, 31 July 2021, even if they are no longer in these areas.
- If South East Queensland residents are currently away from home in other parts of Queensland, they can travel directly home but must follow lockdown requirements once home. They can also call 134 COVID (134 268) for advice on their individual situation.
- If you are currently on holidays in South East Queensland and need to return home to other parts of Queensland (or interstate), you can do so but must continue to follow lockdown restrictions at home. You can also call 134 COVID (134 268) for advice on your individual situation.
- There are limited reasons why any person should arrive into the locked down area, with leisure travel not one of them.
- Travellers can transit through the locked down areas to travel to other parts of Queensland (if following requirements outlined in the direction).
Extensive Q&As are at the bottom of this webpage, as well as links to the official Public Health Direction.
There are contact tracing alerts currently in place for Queensland and interstate: see here for details. It is important for tourism and events operators to be aware that anyone arriving/or currently in Queensland who has been to a declared COVID-19 exposure site during an exposure period is automatically required to quarantine for 14 days under the Interstate Exposure Venues Direction.
Posters you can display
Accommodation (or other tourism businesses) in South East Queensland - may display this poster to advise their guests of the stay at home orders.
Accommodation (or other tourism businesses) in other parts of Queensland - may display this poster to advise their guests of the requirement to lockdown if they have been in South East Queensland since 1:00am today, 31 July 2021.
Other parts of Queensland: 'COVID normal' restrictions remain in place in the other parts Queensland. See the roadmap for a summary of the restrictions, and the Public Health Direction for full details.
Resources for tourism businesses: This helpful factsheet helps you understand what you do (and don't need to do) to help your guests understand the requirements.
Funding support is available: see here for more information.
If you're not sure on how the changes in restrictions impact your business, you can contact the Tourism Response Team for advice:
Phone: 134 COVID (134 268)
WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON OUR COVID-19 PAGES:
+ Current restrictions: Find out what restrictions are currently in place and which businesses are able to operate
+ Operating your business safely: Everything you need to know about operating COVID safely, with links direct to the official information
+ COVID Safe Events: All you need to know about the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events
+ Help and support for businesses: A summary of the support available for businesses, including grant funding as well as links through to helpful business resources and how to contact government services.
+ TEQ marketing and industry updates: Updates on TEQ's marketing, TEQ's Industry Update series of videos, global market and aviation updates
+ COVID-19 research newsfeed: This interactive dashboard provides a summary and link through to national and international research on consumer behaviour, economic impacts, impacts to events and marketing and media.
+Travel alerts: All the latest COVID-19 information for travellers.
These webpages are reviewed daily, with the date updated at the top of each page when information is updated.
Where to find other information:
TEQ's Good to Go campaign: Here's where to find all the information on TEQ's Good to Go campaign, including how you can access the Good to Go stamp for your marketing and how you can leverage TEQ's media buy for the campaign.