COVID-19 updates for businesses
The Queensland Government has a roadmap in place outlining restrictions across the state.
LATEST UPDATES - 19 October 2021
Queensland's COVID-19 Vaccination Plan announced: The Premier has announced Queensland's COVID-19 Vaccination Plan, outlining planned dates for Queensland's borders to re-open to interstate hotspots.70 per cent vaccination target: Friday 19 November
- Anyone who has been in a domestic hotspot can travel into Queensland provided they are fully vaccinated, arrive by air, have had a negative COVID-19 test in the previous 72 hours and undertake home quarantine for 14 days.
- Travellers from an interstate hotspot can arrive by road or air, must be fully vaccinated, have had a negative COVID-19 test in the previous 72 hours. Quarantine will not be required.
- Direct international arrivals can undertake home quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and have had a negative COVID-19 test in the previous 72 hours.
- No entry restrictions or quarantine for vaccinated arrivals from interstate or overseas.
'COVID normal' restrictions currently apply in Queensland (ie. Stage Three restrictions) from 4:00pm, Friday 8 October 2021. For full details on the restrictions, please see the roadmap on this page.
Interstate hotspots: currently New South Wales, the ACT, the Jervis Bay Territory and Victoria are declared hotspots. The hotspot declarations for parts of Tasmania were lifted from 1:00am AEST, 19 October 2021.
All visitors: All visitors must complete a Queensland entry pass to enter Queensland from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand, including returning Queensland residents.
FACT SHEET AND POSTERS FOR TOURISM BUSINESSES
- This helpful fact sheet helps you understand what you are (and are not) required to do as a tourism or events business at the front-line.
- If you need help understanding what the Public Health Directions mean for your business, you can contact the Tourism Response Team - ph. 134 268 or via email: email@example.com
- The Australian and Queensland Government has developed a range of resources to support the emotional wellbeing of small business owners and their staff, including a small business owner's guide to creating a mental health and wellbeing plan. Access the resources and support here.
- A summary of the financial support available for businesses can be found here, linking you out to the relevant information and websites.
- Feeling overwhelmed? It's ok to ask for help. Here is a list of 24/7 support available:
- Beyond Blue 1800 512 348
- Headspace 1800 650 890
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON OUR COVID-19 PAGES:
+ Current restrictions: Find out what restrictions are currently in place and which businesses are able to operate
+ Operating your business safely: Everything you need to know about operating COVID safely, with links direct to the official information
+ COVID Safe Events: All you need to know about the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events
+ Help and support for businesses: A summary of the support available for businesses, including grant funding as well as links to helpful business resources and how to contact government services.
+ TEQ marketing and industry updates: Updates on TEQ's marketing, TEQ's Industry Update series of videos, global market and aviation updates
+ COVID-19 research newsfeed: This interactive dashboard provides a summary and link through to national and international research on consumer behaviour, economic impacts, impacts to events and marketing and media.
+Travel alerts: All the latest COVID-19 information for travellers.