COVID-19 updates for businesses
The Queensland Government has a roadmap in place for the easing of restrictions across the state.
LATEST UPDATES - 2 March 2021
- Is your business operating in line with all Queensland Government COVID Safe requirements?
- Current travel status: travel to Queensland from all Australian states and territories is unrestricted; restrictions in place for New Zealand.
The Greater Melbourne hotspot declaration has been revoked. Queensland is now open to travellers from across the country, with no restrictions in place.
Any arrivals from New Zealand will need to enter hotel quarantine during this time.
- Updates to event approval requirements
- Events with more than 10,000 people attending must submit their COVID Safe Event Plan for approval a minimum of 20 business days prior to the event; and
- Multi-day events of any size with onsite accommodation (including camping) must have a COVID Safe Event Plan approved.
- Update to hotel quarantine processes
There has been updates to the Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction, putting in place further measures to manage the movements and safety of travellers while in hotel quarantine.
- The role of tourism operators in responding to COVID-19
The Queensland Government has provided this fact sheet with advice specifically for tourism operators on their role in responding to COVID-19 and what businesses do (and don't) need to do.
Face masks are now mandatory on all domestic commercial flights and while travellers are at the airport. Find the Mandatory Face Masks Direction here.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON OUR COVID-19 PAGES:
+ Current restrictions: Find out what restrictions are currently in place and which businesses are able to operate
+ Operating your business safely: Everything you need to know about operating COVID safely, with links direct to the official information
+ COVID Safe Events: All you need to know about the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events
+ Help and support for businesses: A summary of the support available for businesses, including grant funding as well as links through to helpful business resources and how to contact government services.
+ TEQ marketing and industry updates: Updates on TEQ's marketing, TEQ's Industry Update series of videos, global market and aviation updates
+ COVID-19 research newsfeed: This interactive dashboard provides a summary and link through to national and international research on consumer behaviour, economic impacts, impacts to events and marketing and media.
+Travel alerts: All the latest COVID-19 information for travellers.
These webpages are reviewed daily, with the date updated at the top of each page when information is updated.
Where to find other information:
TEQ's Good to Go campaign: Here's where to find all the information on TEQ's Good to Go campaign, including how you can access the Good to Go stamp for your marketing and how you can leverage TEQ's media buy for the campaign.
If, after reading through all the information on our pages, you still have a question, you can contact the Queensland Government's dedicated hotline for questions specific to their business.
Phone: 134 COVID (134 268)