Information current 20 January 2021
How to run COVID Safe Events in Queensland
Events are able to be staged in Queensland in compliance with relevant COVID Safe plans.
- Indoor premises – can operate with one person per two square metres allowed (e.g. restaurants, pubs, clubs, convention centres).
- Seated, ticketed venues – can operate at 100 per cent capacity. Patrons should wear masks on entry and exit (theatre, live music, cinemas, indoor sports) and performers can reduce the distance from the audience to two metres (except choirs).
- Outdoor events – of up to 1,500 people can operate with a COVID Safe checklist; larger events still need a COVID Safe Plan.
- Open-air stadiums – can operate at 100 per cent capacity. Patrons should wear masks on entry and exit.
- Outdoor dancing is now allowed (e.g at music festivals).
- Weddings – up to 200 people can attend a wedding, all guests can dance.
- Funerals – up to 200 people can attend a funeral.
See full details in the official Business, Activities and Undertakings Public Health Direction.
The Queensland Government's COVID-19 website has a dedicated page of information and resources to assist event organisers to navigate the COVID Safe Events Framework, including a decision tree and range of fact sheets. See the information.
**11 January - 22 January 2021 - Events in Brisbane must operate with reduced capacities. Information here.**
Phone: 134 COVID (134 268)