COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS IN QUEENSLAND
Understanding the restrictions:
+ Current status of restrictions in Queensland
+ COVID Safe business operation - see our dedicated page
Current COVID-normal in Queensland*:
More information on current restrictions here.
- Queenslanders can travel within Queensland*.
- Queensland's borders are open to interstate travellers (as long as they have not been in declared hotspots in the 14 days prior to arriving in Queensland) and travellers from New Zealand*.
- Australia's borders otherwise remain closed. Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia. Inbound Australian travellers should check the latest updates and travel safety information on the Smart Traveller website. All international arrivals into Australia (other than from New Zealand) will be subject to mandatory quarantine for 14 days, and this is at the traveller's own expense when arriving in Queensland. Australians are banned from travelling overseas.
- Events can be staged in compliance with relevant Public Health Directions.
- Tourism experiences, accommodation, dining in restaurants, cafes, pubs, registered or licensed clubs, RSL Clubs, food courts and hotels, nightclubs, beauty therapies and casinos can all operate with required COVID Safe documentation in place.
- Similar to the way airlines operate, tourism experiences (up to 50 people) can seat guests together during the tourism experience, with 1.5m physical distancing in place at all other times possible. Businesses must comply with the checklist in the updated Queensland Tourism and Accommodation Industry Plan. Larger tourism experiences can still follow the guidelines and principles of the Industry Plan and carry greater capacity subject to available space.
- Event venues like open-air stadiums, and seated, ticketed indoor events can operate at 100 per cent capacity - patrons should wear a mask on entry and exit.
- Weddings (including dancing) and funerals can occur with some capacity limits.
*Hotspots and Public Health Directions can change quickly to temporarily respond to COVID-19 outbreaks as they occur. Please check exact travel and other restrictions on our dedicated page for travellers
COVID SAFE BUSINESS OPERATION
COVID Safety is a vital part of business operation, and all businesses must comply with some basic principles and may also wish to follow a COVID Safe Industry Plan to provide increased capacity.
If you are a tourism or events business looking for information on operating under the current restrictions, see our rolling updates here. This page also has links to COVID Safe event and business operation.