There is a range of support to help businesses during COVID-19.
Queensland Government support
ATDW fee waiver: In response to the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis facing the state's tourism and events industry, Tourism and Events Queensland, in partnership with Queensland's regional tourism organisations, is offering ATDW membership with no annual fee for the next 24 months, providing a saving of $150 per year. This offer is available to all tourism and events operators in Queensland.
Operators looking to take up this offer should visit www.atdw-online.com.au and click 'Register Now' in the top right corner to create an ATDW listing.
For existing ATDW members, there is no action to take.
Australian Government support
- Queensland Government business hotline: 1300 654 687 or take the business impact survey to be linked with relevant support.
- The Australian Government has established an advice hotline for small and medium-sized businesses: ph. 13 28 46.
TEQ has compiled a range of business advice and resources to assist Queensland's tourism and events businesses. It may not be exhaustive, but is updated as soon as new information or advice is released to us.
Other business help and advice:
Useful pandemic resources:
Feeling concerned? Anxious? Worried?:
If you are struggling at this challenging time, these online resources may help:
Queenslanders who have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis are being urged to contact Vinnies for assistance. Support may include bill payments, food, grocery vouchers, material aid, transport or pharmacy assistance and referring and advocating to government agencies. Phone 1800 VINNIES (1800 846 643) or visit the website.
- Head to Health - the Australian Government's Head to Health website has extensive resources on dealing with COVID-19, including how to maintain good mental health, how to talk to children about COVID-19 and access to support services.
- Life in Mind Australia - COVID-19 Mental Health Support.
- Beyond Blue - looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak.
- How to maintain good mental health while social distancing.