Drive tourism has been identified as an important market for the Queensland tourism industry through the Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy 2013-2015.
Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy
The Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy 2013-2015 was launched on 24 January 2013. The strategy contains 29 actions to be delivered over three years that aim to build stronger partnerships between government and industry, and to help Queensland become Australia's number one tourist destination. Major achievements to date include the release of:
- The Queensland Holiday App - Incorporating drive experiences
- Camping Options Toolkit - A guide for local government in developing camping options
- Best Practice Guide for Roadside Rest Areas - A guide for community groups, local governments and relevant state government agencies in Queensland.
- Tourist Accommodation in Resource Regions Report - Report on the supply and availability of commercial tourism accommodation in key resource regions of Queensland.
QTIC Drive AllianceThe QTIC Drive Alliance provides an important link between the tourism industry network and drive tourism stakeholders including government bodies. TEQ sits on the committee which is designed to inform the implementation of the Queensland Drive Tourism Strategy 2013-2015 and address other Queensland drive tourism issues.
Understanding Queensland's Touring MarketThe following touring market research explores the touring market and includes where visitors from this market stay and which Queensland destinations they visit.
- Understanding Queensland's Domestic Touring Market
- Understanding Queensland's International Touring Market
- Understanding Queensland's Tourism Market - Regional Data