Queensland, you're Good to Go
About the campaign
TEQ has launched its major new campaign to drive intrastate tourism. The Good to Go campaign, which aims to inspire Queenslanders to explore the very best of their own backyard, will target holiday visitors and those travelling overnight to reconnect with friends and relatives.
The Good to Go campaign will run across print, social, digital, radio, television and out-of-home advertising focusing on driving visitation during the June/July school holidays. TEQ has also partnered with several retail distribution partners to provide significant offers. Queensland musicians Busby Marou, who provided the soundtrack to Queensland's incredibly successful Beautiful One Day, Perfect The Next relaunch, make their return to support tourism across the state and will feature in and provide the soundtrack for the 'Good to Go' campaign.
The campaign, while initially targeted at Queenslanders and intrastate travel, has been designed to extend interstate in future. Queenslanders will be encouraged to get outside again, immerse themselves in our natural wonders, and reconnect with those closest to them.
A core message of the campaign is built on the premise that Queensland's tourism industry is open, ready to welcome visitors and is following COVID Safe practices. Businesses will be able to display the 'Good to Go' stamp in their marketing if they have the required COVID Safe documentation in place, to help assure visitors you are offering a safe travel experience.
How to get involved
There are a number of ways Queensland's tourism businesses can get involved with the Good to Go campaign:
- View the fact sheet (below) which outlines the background and key information that tourism businesses need to know to leverage the campaign.
- Ensure your business is Good to Go by having the required COVID Safe documentation in place (information below).
- Businesses will be able to display the 'Good to Go' stamp as part of their marketing if they have the required COVID Safe documentation in place. Click to download the 'Good to Go' stamp as well as the Style Guide.
- To have the Good to Go stamp displaying on Queensland.com, log into ATDW Online, navigate to the 'Accreditations' section and select the COVID Safe programs you have completed: COVID Safe documentation in place, COVID Clean module completed and/or COVID Ready Program completed. You only need to complete one of these in order for the stamp to display.
- Update (or create) your ATDW listing - with holiday deals, refreshed images and up-to-date content about your business operations and information to reassure customers about safety - this will ensure an optimal presence on the new Queensland.com, which is the call to action for the campaign.
- Connect with TEQ's new Industry Media Agency for Tourism and Events (IMATE) to gain greater insight into TEQs media plans, receive a comprehensive toolkit or to assist in planning, booking and delivering your own advertising activity that leverages TEQ's media buy.
- Engage with Queensland's social media channels using the #thisisqueensland hashtag.
Are you Good to Go? How to ensure you have the right COVID Safe documentation in place
A core message of the campaign is built on the premise that Queensland's tourism industry is open, ready to welcome visitors and is following COVID Safe practices.
All businesses need to plan for COVID safety in order to operate now that restrictions are easing. We have provided information on the required documentation on our 'Operating your business safely' page here to help you navigate the process and the various optional business modules available.
You can then display the 'Good to Go' stamp in your marketing, on your website and through your communications channels to help assure visitors you are offering a safe travel experience.
Image: Good to Go stamps appear through ATDW listings on Queensland.com
Campaign background and fact sheet
TEQ has created an industry fact sheet outlining all you need to know about leveraging Queensland's Good to Go campaign, including:
• campaign background
• how businesses are Good to Go
• target audiences and campaign creative
• some common questions
Download the fact sheet.
Spread the word
If you’d like to remind your region that they’re Good to Go and explore Queensland, download the relevant social icon below and share away! We’d appreciate a tag, or #thisisqueensland