Past Media Releases
Tourism and Events Queensland's Great Barrier Reef cooperative advertising opportunity
16 March 2016
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is undertaking a wide range of consumer marketing activity in the upcoming weeks to promote the Great Barrier Reef.
- Destination campaigns for the Southern Great Barrier Reef, Townsville, Tropical North Queensland, The Whitsundays and Mackay.
- A Great Barrier Reef Special on Channel 7’s Queensland Weekender to air in Queensland on March 28.
- Amplifying the Great Barrier Reef video and story content through social media and online news channels.
- Search engine marketing
- National press advertorials
- A Great Barrier Reef e-newsletter to TEQ's consumer database of 958,367 subscribers.
- A national media push via famils, media releases and stories.
Queensland tourism operators are invited to advertise in two national Great Barrier Reef-themed press features appearing in the Weekend Australian in April. Booking deadline is Thursday 24 March. View the advertising proposal here.
TEQ also encourages industry to take advantage of the Great Barrier Reef's diverse tourism opportunities. Information and tips are available in TEQ’s Aquatic and Coastal Industry Fact Sheet.