Past Media Releases
Queensland's unrivalled holiday experiences on show in North America
06 March 2017
Tourism and Events Queensland is leading a contingent of tourism operators to North America this month to promote Queensland as the ultimate travel destination.
A group of 21 operators will travel to North America and Canada to promote Queensland to 85 trade partners at the Queensland on Tour roadshow from 5 - 11 March 2017.
Tourism and Events Queensland Chief Executive Officer Leanne Coddington said the program presents a unique opportunity for Queensland businesses to showcase their product to influential industry representatives including; travel agents, product managers, wholesalers, trade media and front line reservation staff.
“North America is an important visitor market for Queensland, with the State welcoming 280,000 North American visitors in the year to September 2016, an increase of 18.6 percent compared with the year prior,” Ms Coddington said.
“Establishing and strengthening relationships with tourism trade partners in key international markets like the United States and Canada is critical to growing this number.”
A delegation of 37 Queensland tourism operators also attended the Australian Marketplace trade event held in Pasadena, California from 1 - 3 March 2017.
Ms Coddington said this year’s delegation was the largest contingent of suppliers attending the event, which hosted more than 100 North American travel companies and buyers.
“Australian Marketplace is an excellent forum to profile Queensland’s tourism products to influential North American travel representatives.
“I commend the tourism businesses who participated in these trade opportunities and for their commitment to growing inbound tourism to Queensland.”
Ms Coddington also spoke about Queensland's leadership role in the field of sustainable tourism at the Australia Tourism Summit, which was held prior to the Marketplace event on 28 February.
The Queensland on Tour North America roadshow will take place from 5 to 11 March 2017 and travels to Chicago, New York, Calgary, Vancouver, San Diego and Los Angeles.
Queensland operators taking part in the mission include:
- Brisbane Marketing (Brisbane)
- Tangalooma Island Resort (Brisbane)
- Kingfisher Bay Resort Group (Fraser Coast)
- Glasshouse Mountains Ecolodge (Sunshine Coast)
- Tourism Noosa (Sunshine Coast)
- Northern Escape Collection (Tropical North Queensland and Townsville)
- Tourism Port Douglas Daintree (Tropical North Queensland)
- Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours (Tropical North Queensland)
- Reef Magic Cruises (Tropical North Queensland)
- Tourism Tropical North Queensland (Tropical North Queensland)
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve (Tropical North Queensland)
- Coral Expeditions (Tropical North Queensland)
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, Kuranda Koala Gardens and Birdworld Kuranda (Tropical North Queensland)
- The Reef House Palm Cove (Tropical North Queensland)
- Pullman Reef Hotel Casino (Tropical North Queensland)
- Deep Sea Divers Den (Tropical North Queensland)
- The CaPTA Group (Tropical North Queensland)
- at Hotel Group (Whitsundays)
- Coral Sea Resort (Whitsundays)
- Hamilton Island (Whitsundays)
- Tourism Whitsundays (Whitsundays)