What to do when visiting Queensland and a natural disaster strikes
The Queensland Government's Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development has produced these valuable resources to help both visitors and tourism businesses when affected by a natural disaster:
Residents across Queensland are provided with extensive resources to prepare for natural disasters like cyclones, floods and fires. As a tourist, you may not be familiar with how to prepare and what to do if there is an impending disaster. You can consult the Queensland Government's 'Get Ready' resources to help understand how to prepare.
Planning an outback getaway?
Check your route before you go via the free QLDTraffic app or at qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
Useful resources during a crisis:
- Tourism and Events Queensland's travelling safely tips: https://www.queensland.com/en-au/plan-your-trip
- The ABC is the nation's largest national broadcaster: www.abc.net.au/local
- Bureau of Meteorology: www.bom.gov.au
- Queensland Government emergency alerts: www.qld.gov.au/emergency | www.qldalert.com
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES): www.qfes.qld.gov.au | Facebook: @QldFireandRescueService | Twitter: @QldFES | Instagram: @qldfire
- Queensland Police Service: www.police.qld.gov.au | Twitter: @QldPolice
- Queensland Government road conditions: www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au | Twitter (various regional accounts)
- RACQ road conditions: www.racq.com.au | @racqOFFICIAL