Eligibility for accreditation
Accreditation ensures that only those visitor information centres whose primary purpose of business is tourist information provision, and who are genuine providers of objective visitor information, are acknowledged by the italicised yellow on blue ‘i’ symbol.
Accreditation means your VIC may use the 'i' symbol under the Queensland Visitor Information Centre Signage policy.
If your Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is operated or funded (partly or fully) by your Regional Tourism Organisation and/or Local Government Authority you are eligible to apply. If your VIC does not currently meet this eligibility please refer to the Queensland VIC Signage Policy document.
In addition, eligible centres must satisfy minimum operational standards should they wish to apply for use of the symbol. The standards include specific criteria in the areas of:
- business and management
- business hours
- centre facilities
- staff and training
- information and displays; and
- signage and identification
Benefits of accreditation
Some of the benefits of accreditation include but are not limited to:
- Advance warning road signage on Council and State controlled roads
- TEQ Promotional Campaigns directed to Accredited VICs including online-digital; the Drive Tourismcampaign, as an example.
- Collateral references on all TEQ Maps, website, National Parks and any other TEQ authorised printed material including the events publication which lists all Accredited VICs.
- Recognition as an Accredited Visitor Information Centre in the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) database along with its network of national & global distributor sites
- Access to TEQ Funded VIC related campaigns such as - VICReview, Shareable Moments Wall,Memory Makers.Access to State Government funding opportunities for accredited VICs such as the Free Wi-Fiprogram
- Brochure Distribution - Accredited VICs are on a VIC distribution list which means they can receive and order tourism brochures, guides and maps and have them delivered for free via Link Logic
- Listing on Tourism Australia’s consumer facing website – access to accredited VICs in Australia: http://www.australia.com/en/planning/visitor-information-centres-around-australia.html
Applying for accreditation
To apply for accreditation once you have met the eligibility criteria, you must complete the application form.
Download the VIC Signage Policy Application Form
For further information on accreditation contact the VIC Secretariat:
Visit Queensland Pty Ltd
Melanie Sands - Administration
Phone: 0459 992 030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org